Title: Adoption Counselor
Reports to: Manager of Adoption Programs
HOURS: Full-time, including nights, holidays and weekends
FUNCTION: Responsible for providing excellent customer service to assist the public on adoption related concerns, and using NH SPCA policies and procedures to find appropriate homes for the organization’s adoptable animals.
General responsibilities :
- Feeding, cleaning and care of animals and building as needed, including spot cleaning of animal and public areas throughout the day.
- Stocking and organization of shelter areas.
- Preparing animals for adoption (including, but not limited to: taking pictures, writing profiles, editing computer database, and completing paperwork)
- Monitoring the health of the animals on an ongoing basis and immediately reporting any health problems or conditions (medical or behavioral) to Medical Staff or Management.
- Working with, training and supervising volunteers
- Willingness and ability to learn the shelter computer database program used to track animals in our care.
- Willingness and ability to learn about cat, dog, and small animal behavior, common issues, and ways to address them in order to advise pet owners and to keep animals in homes.
- Treating all animals and people humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance.
- Working courteously and cooperatively with other staff members, volunteers, and the public.
- Conduct consultations for owner surrendered animals with compassion and sensitivity
- Understand and follow department SOPs
- Answer phones and respond to voice messages
- Other duties as assigned by the Adoption Center manager
- Strong interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this job would be personable, outgoing, patient, professional, and able to get along well with a variety of people.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Maturity, good judgment and a professional personal appearance.
- Flexibility, ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize them.
- The ability to remain pleasant and calm even in stressful situations.
- Comfort and ability to work with animals of unknown disposition and those who may exhibit medical and/or other problems, as well as aggressive tendencies.
- Minimum two years of experience in a customer service or counseling environment
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy workplace environment
- Ability to understand and effectively teach methods of humane animal care and treatment
- Comfortable handling a wide variety of animal species
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday required.
- Physical ability to engage in repetitive motions of legs, arms, and hands, to hear, to see, to move animals and materials.
- Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds and less
- Associates Degree in related field
- Availability and a willingness to work a flexible schedule are a plus.
- Includes weekend and holiday work.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have valid driver’s license.
Please send salary requirements along with your resume to email@example.com
Job Title: Marketing and Graphic Design Associate
Reporting to: Director of Development and Marketing
Status: Full Time
FUNCTION: The New Hampshire SPCA seeks a Marketing and Graphic Design Associate to join our Development and Marketing Team! This position will support all aspects of the agency, ensure brand consistency and develop plans to expand reach to existing and expanding demographic. The position includes the execution of an annualized marketing plan, creation of collateral materials, event participation and support, e-newsletters, print newsletters, annual report concept, signage, copywriting, photographic and content curating. The ideal candidate will be creative, innovative, detail oriented, organized, all in a fast paced environment. This self-starter will be eager to learn while already proficient in all industry standard design programs.
- Design and layout all internal and external collateral materials, including advertisements, brochures, posters, flyers, newsletters, banners, signs, and apparel.
- Communicate and present creative and innovative ideas to colleagues and executive staff in a professional manner
- Ensure a creative yet consistent look and feel that adheres to and supports the New Hampshire SPCA brand, visual identity, guidelines, and messagin
- Effectively support projects and events: demonstrate creativity, oral and written communication, listening, and decision making skills
- Create compelling marketing solutions and maintain updated knowledge of social media and marketing trends
- Collaborate with all departments to support their individual goals and objective
- Balance priorities to ensure that project deadlines and commitments are met
- Communicate with sponsors and vendors in a professional manner
- Demonstrate outstanding attention to detail and quality under challenging deadlines
- Photography skills required.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office as well as free resources available online. Experience with Raisers Edge a plus
For consideration, please forward resume, cover letter and writing sample (not to exceed 300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
We always have opportunities for Volunteers!
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 772-2921 ext.104 for more information.