Horse Ownership 101
- This event has passed.
May 25, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$10.00 – $20.00
Have you considered adopting a horse, but don’t have prior experience? Do you have questions about the basics of horse care? Do you think horse ownership is just too complicated or costly for you and your family? Owning and caring for a horse can be a tremendously rewarding experience. It isn’t necessary to have grown up around horses or to have been riding since you were a child to enjoy the companionship of a horse. Join us for a presentation on Horse Ownership 101! Learn some of the basics of what it takes to own and care for a horse or pony from our knowledgeable staff in the setting of our newly constructed Equine Center for Transformative Care.
What to Know
- Registration is required. Click the Get Tickets button below. (Walk-ins are Welcome)
- This presentation will cover some of the most basic considerations for horse ownership and care.
Topics that are likely to be covered:
- Fundamental horsemanship, handling, and safety
- Cost of ownership
- Essentials for horse health and wellness
- Feeding and housing
What do you want to learn? You can help determine the topics covered during this presentation by selecting your preferences during the registration process.
- During the presentation, guests will be standing and walking the campus grounds including on pavement and grass and in the arena which is sandy underfoot. Please be prepared to be standing or walking for most of this presentation. Please wear appropriate footwear (no open toed shoes) and be prepared for evening weather and bugs. We recommend bringing an extra layer and insect repellant.
- We welcome individuals as well as families with children age 8 and up to register.
- Once you are registered, we will send you a confirmation email with more details and instructions on where to park.
Please read Participation Waiver. “No printing or signature required”
The New Hampshire SPCA Equine and Farm Program:
- is one of the few in the state equipped to provide care and adoption for homeless, abused or neglected farm animals.
- provides a safety net including shelter, nutritional support and medical care for horses and other farm animals who have suffered cruelty or neglect.
- ensures equine graduates move on to happy, healthy, and productive lives as companions, riding and therapy horses!
- cares for and supports horses, pot-bellied pigs, sheep, and goats until they are adopted
Refund and Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel for any reason, please email [email protected]. If you need to cancel more than 7 days prior to the event, we can issue a full refund. If you must cancel less than one week prior to the start of the program, all fees are non-refundable and will result in a donation of the total fee to the NHSPCA. If the NHSPCA must cancel a program due to weather or some other unforeseen reason, we will make every attempt to reschedule the event. If you are not able to come to the rescheduled date, then we will issue a full refund. Note: Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
Photo Release: Client authorizes the NHSPCA to use photos of you, your family and/or any guests engaging in class activities for media purposes.