The New Hampshire SPCA is a safety net for homeless horses and farm animals in NH. As one of the few animal shelters equipped to take in large animals, our paddocks are always overflowing with horses in desperate need of help. During the COVID- 19 crisis, we anticipate an even greater need for assistance for horse owners. To avoid surrenders, we have developed the following resources for those in need of short- term support due to COVID-19 related illness, financial instability or hardship.
COVID-19 Emergency Programs for Horse Owners
Emergency & Routine Veterinary Care:
- ASPCA’s Vet Direct Program: can provide up to $600 worth of veterinary services per visit through equine veterinarian Dr. Rachel Roemer of Great Bay Equine
- Can be applied to vaccinations, dental care, emergency visits, euthanasia and removal
- NHSPCA’s Hay Bank
- Can provide up to 10 bales of first cut hay at a time
- NHSPCA’s Grain Voucher Program
- Available through partnership with local feed distributor.
- Can provide up to $75 worth of grain voucher
Please contact our Farm Animal Manager for an application at [email protected]
Other Ongoing Resources for Assistance
United Horse Coalition
Resources for Covid-19
Fleet of Angels
Hay, transportation, disaster response
Equine Assistance Program
Short term hay, feed, boarding and veterinary support
Short term hay, feed, support
Please share these resources with other horse owners!