The NHSPCA makes every effort to reunite stray animals with their original owners and the information you provide will be used to cross reference strays as they come in with our list of lost pets.
If you have lost your pet, please fill out our lost pets contact form.
In addition to reporting your lost pet to the NHSPCA, we would like to recommend other steps/resource to aid in the location of your pet. We wish you the best of luck and hope you are reunited quickly.
Other resource for finding a lost pet:
- Report to local police department and or animal control officer
- Post signs with photo, description and your contact information. Make type large and bold and distribute them door to door in the neighborhood where the pet was lost. Also post signs at busy intersections and businesses.
- Contact local veterinarians and ask them to post a sign in their lobby
- If your pet is microchipped, contact the microchip company to report your lost pet and verify that your contact information is up to dat.
- Use the internet. There are several options for lost and found postings on line as well as websites that provide great tips for helping to find your pet. Share your lost pet on your social media platforms.
An I.D. and collar for all your pets is the only way to keep them safe and found. Make sure your pet always wears a collar with securely attached tags that have your contact info. It doesn’t matter if the pet never goes outside. Hundreds of “indoor only” cats end up at our door. Remember, bad things can happen and all it takes is a split second!
Know what your pet looks like. This may sound silly, but is it the left or right front foot that has that little spot of white? You would be surprised how difficult it is to remember details during great stress. Write it down if necessary!
Once you find your pet
Please make sure that you get them microchipped. A microchipped animal can be reunited by any animal control officer, shelter, or vet by scanning the chip. It could save your pet’s life. Please let us know if your animal is found.