The NHSPCA Low Cost Spay and Neuter Clinic is aimed to prevent unplanned litters and promote the health and wellness of pets for owners with demonstrated financial need such as low income, those that receive state/federal financial support or have temporary financial hardship. This program is meant to help pet owners who would otherwise not be able to afford this surgery. Our ability to offer this critical service is very limited. For this reason, we ask that you please only contact us if you have sincere financial need and your cat would otherwise not be able to have surgery.
Payment for the surgery fee is due at the time the appointment is made. This alleviates no-shows and utilizes the precious veterinary time we have dedicated to the community clinic day.
$135 spay (female cat)
$100 neuter (male cat)
Additional services are available:
$30 Rabies Vaccine
$30 Feline Distemper Vaccine
$10 ECollar Cone
$10 Topical Flea/Tick
Please note: Not every cat is a candidate for surgery at a low-cost clinic. Clinics are designed to offer spay/neuter surgery services for several cats in one day and the surgery protocols are calculated with this in mind. Some pets require more individualized care due to their breed or underlying health conditions.
Spaying and neutering a cat is surgery that carries risks. Pre-operative bloodwork, modified anesthesia protocols for individual animals and thorough exams are not possible prior to surgery at this Spay/Neuter Clinic.
- Be between 3 months and 7 years of age and weigh a minimum of 2 pounds.
- Have no known illness, injury or medical condition that may increase risk during surgery or require individualized care.
*We cannot admit a cat for surgery that has, impaired liver or kidney function, an active respiratory infection (coughing, sneezing, wheezing, weeping eyes, runny nose), signs of contagious skin infection such as mange or ringworm, history of seizures, bleeding disorder, diagnosed hernias or male cats with undescended testicles (cryptorchid).
- *Have proof of up-to-date Rabies vaccination in the form of a valid Rabies Certificate. A tag is not sufficient proof. If your cat is not up-to-date, a Rabies vaccination will be administered during the Clinic day at an additional cost of $30.
- Not have live fleas. If your pet has live fleas, an oral flea treatment will be given at an additional cost of $10.
- We reserve the right to refuse surgery for any cat should we determine it is unsafe due to health risks or if there is a risk to staff or the other pets present on clinic day.
Please note that there may be rare cases of additional minor surgery charges (no more than $75) if your cat requires special attention during surgery for a previously unknown health issue.
We are so happy to be able to offer this critical program to spay and neuter cats in New Hampshire. Please note that this program should not replace regular veterinary check-ups. Please have your pet seen by a veterinarian every year or more often if recommended to ensure their ongoing good health!
NHSPCA VC Clinic phone: 603-772-2921 x114
NHSPCA VC Clinic email: [email protected]