TITLE: Certified Dog Trainer
REPORTS TO: Director of Administration and Programming
HOURS: Part-time; approx. 16 hours/week
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is committed to positive reinforcement training, loves working with people and animals and has a desire to help people improve their relationship with their pets and keep them as part of the family. This person will also help homeless animals find successful new homes by offering in-shelter behavior plans for staff and volunteers.
- Be a resource for those in the community who are struggling with behavior challenges
- Teach obedience classes and provide consultation to those who are seeking assistance with behavior modification
- Research, develop and implement relevant workshops and seminars and other education opportunities for the community
- Provide on-site behavior consultations, as needed
- Work in conjunction with the Animal Care Managers and staff to help animals become better adoption candidates
- For in house assessment and public assessment
- Assess training needed for animals in our care.
- Provide in shelter behavior enrichment plans and advice to staff and volunteers
- Organize, promote, execute and follow-up on NHSPCA programs
- Pet Assisted Therapy, In-house training – “Diamonds in the Ruff” and “Shelter Stars”, Reiki volunteer program, etc.
- Properly clean and organize training facilities and equipment
- Assist in administrative tasks
- Create and maintain schedule of classes throughout the year with Behavior and Training Coordinator
- Oversee work study students, volunteers and interns.
- Prepare Training program monthly reports and newsletter articles
- Proven ability to teach group obedience classes and private training experience for more complex issues, including those related to fear and aggression
- Ability and desire to engage your students and create a positive, energetic, friendly and supportive class environment is essential
- Certifications such as CPDT-KA, CDBC or equivalent education/experience is required
- Computer literacy or aptitude
- Strong commitment and experience with animal welfare
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with individuals and groups
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to converse compassionately with people under difficult and stressful circumstances
- Some weekend, weeknight work required
- Must understand the application of learning theory
- Must be reliable and able to carry out duties and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please send salary requirements along with your resume to [email protected] No phone calls please.
Events Intern- Development Department
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 3 month commitment
The New Hampshire SPCA hosts and participates in many different community outreach activities and events throughout the summer. Some of which include Yappy Hours, restaurant benefit nights, and community events.
Events Intern will assist with the following:
Representing the NHSPCA at events and outreach activities
Developing and implementing new benefit and outreach events
Implementing grass root efforts to gain exposure for various marketing campaigns instituted by the Development department
Assist in the development of event marketing materials and strategies
Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Must be willing and able to work a minimum of 8 hours a week including some weekends
- Must be linked to a relevant class or course of study
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].