Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development and Marketing
Hours: Full-time, including some nights and weekends
The New Hampshire SPCA seeks an energetic, motivated Volunteer Coordinator to join our Team! This position will support all aspects of the agency’s work and develop plans to expand reach to new potential volunteer pools. This position includes every aspect of working with volunteers, from marketing to recruitment to training and appreciation. The ideal candidate will be creative, innovative, detail oriented, organized, all in a fast paced environment. This self-starter will be eager to learn while ready to bring new ideas to this ever growing group of volunteers.
- Recruit, orient, train and schedule volunteers to provide maximum volunteer participation in daily animal care needs as well as fundraising and project requirements.
- Tracks volunteer hours, provides statistical and anecdotal reports on volunteer activities
- Effectively support projects and events: demonstrate creativity, oral and written communication, listening, and decision making skills
- Plan and execute all volunteer ongoing training, volunteer appreciation events and ongoing appreciation.
- Provide excellent communication with volunteers
- Write the ongoing Volunteer pages in the newsletter as well as contribute to newsletter or blog celebrating activities completed by volunteers
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure their volunteer needs are met
- Balance priorities to provide well planned opportunities to existing and new volunteers
- Provide feedback or disciplinary action as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- An enthusiastic attitude and self-motivated work ethic
- Proven ability to motivate, delegate, problem solve, and work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy. Database experience preferred.
- Strong commitment to animal welfare.
For consideration, please forward resume, cover letter, salary requirements and writing sample (not to exceed 200 words) to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
We always have opportunities for volunteers and interns.
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 772-2921 ext.104 for more information.