The New Hampshire SPCA is looking to hire a part time Humane Agent. Responsible for preventing the cruelty, abuse and neglect to animals, investigating complaints, trapping or capturing at large or feral animals, serves in some capacity on the NHSPCA Disaster Response Team.
- Investigative or Law Enforcement Required
- Knowledge of the Animal Cruelty Laws for the State of New Hampshire
- Documented Animal Welfare experience
- Current NH driver’s license required
- High School diploma minimum
Part Time – hourly position with occasional need for extended hours at the request of the Field Services Manager to address emergencies. May work weekends, nights or holidays. Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to [email protected] .
No Phone calls will be accepted.
Farm Care Technician
The New Hampshire SPCA is looking for a part time Farm Care Technician to work alongside our dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
- Feeding, paddock and stall cleaning, scrubbing and refilling water troughs, and grooming/ handling of farm animals, including spot cleaning of animal and public areas throughout the day.
- Monitoring the health of the animals on an ongoing basis and immediately reporting any health problems or conditions(medical or behavioral) to Farm Program Manager.
- Overseeing volunteer groups and volunteer training.
- Treating all animals and people humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance.
- Working courteously and cooperatively with other staff members, volunteers, and the public.
- Understand and follow department SOPs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Farm Program Manager.
- Opportunities to assist in routine medical treatment and behavioral training of animals may be available to the right candidate.
- Prior horse or large animal experience.
- Maturity, good judgment and a professional personal appearance.
- Flexibility, ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize them.
- The ability to remain pleasant and calm even in stressful situations.
- Comfortable working in close proximity with large farm animals and/or nervous or inexperienced animals.
- Ability to understand and effectively teach methods of humane animal care and treatment.
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday required.
- Physical ability to engage in repetitive motions of legs, arms, and hands, to hear, to see, to move animals and materials.
- Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds and less.
- Availability and a willingness to work a flexible schedule are a plus.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have valid driver’s license.
Events Intern- Development Department
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Time frame: 3 month commitment
The New Hampshire SPCA hosts and participates in many different community outreach activities and events throughout the summer. Some of which include Yappy Hours, restaurant benefit nights, and community events.
Events Intern will assist with the following:
Representing the NHSPCA at events and outreach activities
Developing and implementing new benefit and outreach events
Implementing grass root efforts to gain exposure for various marketing campaigns instituted by the Development department
Assist in the development of event marketing materials and strategies
Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Must be willing and able to work a minimum of 8 hours a week including some weekends
- Must be linked to a relevant class or course of study