Special Events & Sponsorship Manager
The New Hampshire SPCA seeks a Special Events & Sponsorship Manager to join our Development and Marketing Team! The Special Events & Sponsorship Manager will supervise the implementation of all New Hampshire SPCA signature events including, but not limited to Paws Walk and the Auction for the Animals. This person will directly supervise and provide committee oversight, and ensure efficient execution of these fundraising events, including planning, marketing, implementation and follow up. Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to budget management, achievement of fundraising goals and objectives, training, supervision, recruitment and development of event committees and volunteer leaders, sponsorship solicitation, new event development, market expansion and event donor stewardship and acknowledgement. The right candidate will also supervise junior fundraising staff as well as interns/work study students and manage the general events calendar for the agency.
Minimum Education : Bachelor’s Degree plus 3-5 years of related non-profit experience specific to event management.
- Three to Five years of related experience required
- Proven experience in fundraising and event management
- Proven experience in volunteer management, working with a committees, planning, public speaking, marketing and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision, engage and influence others and drive for results.
- Must demonstrate initiative, integrity, problem solving and be self-starting, and as the immediate representative/ambassador of the Society, must maintain a highly professional response at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience in managing staff for best outcomes
- Preferred: Demonstrated proficiency utilizing and troubleshooting in The Raisers Edge, and Classy as well as Microsoft programs (required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and general comfort and ease with computer use.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Development and Marketing. Interested candidates should email resume, cover letter and salary history to [email protected]. No Phone calls will be accepted.
Farm Care Technician
The New Hampshire SPCA is looking for a part time Farm Care Technician to work alongside our dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
- Feeding, paddock and stall cleaning, scrubbing and refilling water troughs, and grooming/ handling of farm animals, including spot cleaning of animal and public areas throughout the day.
- Monitoring the health of the animals on an ongoing basis and immediately reporting any health problems or conditions(medical or behavioral) to Farm Program Manager.
- Overseeing volunteer groups and volunteer training.
- Treating all animals and people humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance.
- Working courteously and cooperatively with other staff members, volunteers, and the public.
- Understand and follow department SOPs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Farm Program Manager.
- Opportunities to assist in routine medical treatment and behavioral training of animals may be available to the right candidate.
- Prior horse or large animal experience.
- Maturity, good judgment and a professional personal appearance.
- Flexibility, ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize them.
- The ability to remain pleasant and calm even in stressful situations.
- Comfortable working in close proximity with large farm animals and/or nervous or inexperienced animals.
- Ability to understand and effectively teach methods of humane animal care and treatment.
- Physical ability to walk and/or stand on your feet throughout a normal workday required.
- Physical ability to engage in repetitive motions of legs, arms, and hands, to hear, to see, to move animals and materials.
- Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds and less.
- Availability and a willingness to work a flexible schedule are a plus.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have valid driver’s license.
Certified Dog Trainer
HOURS: Part-time; approx. 16 hours/week
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is committed to positive reinforcement training, loves working with people and animals and has a desire to help people improve their relationship with their pets and keep them as part of the family. This person will also help homeless animals find successful new homes by offering in-shelter behavior plans for staff and volunteers.
- Be a resource for those in the community who are struggling with behavior challenges
- Teach obedience classes and provide consultation to those who are seeking assistance with behavior modification
- Research, develop and implement relevant workshops and seminars and other education opportunities for the community
- Provide on-site behavior consultations, as needed
- Work in conjunction with the Animal Care Managers and staff to help animals become better adoption candidates
- For in house assessment and public assessment
- Assess training needed for animals in our care.
- Provide in shelter behavior enrichment plans and advice to staff and volunteers
- Organize, promote, execute and follow-up on NHSPCA programs
- Pet Assisted Therapy, In-house training – “Diamonds in the Ruff” and “Shelter Stars”, Reiki volunteer program, etc.
- Properly clean and organize training facilities and equipment
- Assist in administrative tasks
- Create and maintain schedule of classes throughout the year with Behavior and Training Coordinator
- Oversee work study students, volunteers and interns.
- Prepare Training program monthly reports and newsletter articles
- Proven ability to teach group obedience classes and private training experience for more complex issues, including those related to fear and aggression
- Ability and desire to engage your students and create a positive, energetic, friendly and supportive class environment is essential
- Certifications such as CPDT-KA, CDBC or equivalent education/experience is required
- Computer literacy or aptitude
- Strong commitment and experience with animal welfare
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with individuals and groups
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to converse compassionately with people under difficult and stressful circumstances
- Some weekend, weeknight work required
- Must understand the application of learning theory
- Must be reliable and able to carry out duties and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please send salary requirements along with your resume to [email protected] No phone calls please.
Events Intern- Development Department
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Time frame: 3 month commitment
The New Hampshire SPCA hosts and participates in many different community outreach activities and events throughout the summer. Some of which include Yappy Hours, restaurant benefit nights, and community events.
Events Intern will assist with the following:
Representing the NHSPCA at events and outreach activities
Developing and implementing new benefit and outreach events
Implementing grass root efforts to gain exposure for various marketing campaigns instituted by the Development department
Assist in the development of event marketing materials and strategies
Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Must be willing and able to work a minimum of 8 hours a week including some weekends
- Must be linked to a relevant class or course of study