Volunteer Opportunities for Ages 13-15 in the Junior Volunteer program. Under adult supervision, Junior Volunteers will assist with afternoon or weekend animal care for small animals and farm animals.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- JVs will run in sessions throughout the school year, meeting in Fall, Winter, and Spring.
- JVs will meet one day a week, for 6 total volunteer dates.
- The age range for JVs includes students ages 13-15.
- Attendance at the first sessions is mandatory for training purposes.
- Participation in this 6-week immersive experience is $40, which helps us to offset training, staff time, and supplies required to run this program.
- Required paperwork for participation:
- Per NH state law, students ages 12-15 must have completed working papers to participate (this form can be found here)
- All students must complete a Student Volunteer Agreement (this form can be found here)
- For more information regarding the necessary paperwork, please see the FAQ section below.
Our Junior Volunteer program schedule is determined based on the needs and hours of our Adoption Center and the necessary feeding and care times of our animals.
Fall 2023 Junior Volunteers will be able to choose from one of two sessions.
- Sundays 8:30-10:30 am (Nov.5,12,19, 26, Dec. 3,10) – small animal care in the adoption center (6 volunteer spots)
- Mondays 3:15-4:15 pm (Nov.6,13,20,27, Dec.4,11) – large animal care on the farm (6 volunteer spots)
Please ensure that you can attend all the scheduled dates prior to registering. We are counting on the help of each of our Junior Volunteers for important animal responsibilities, and we want to make sure our animals get all the care and attention they need! In the event of sickness or an emergency, please notify us of your need to be absent as soon as possible.
Booking and Refund Policy
This program is first come first serve and no refunds will be available. Once you have submitted the registration form, a member of our staff will reach out to confirm your registration and provide additional information. If your child did not get registered in time but is still interested, please reach out to [email protected] so they can be added to a waiting list for a future session.
Waiver: I recognize that in conjunction with my child’s attendance at the New Hampshire Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (NHSPCA), my child will be in contact with and may be allowed to hold and pet animals. I understand that despite all precautions made, there is a chance that my child may contract a disease or illness by handling the animals. I further understand that there is a chance that my child may sustain a scratch, bite, or other unexpected injury while in the presence of animals. I understand that the above is illustrative of the types of risks involved in participating in programs at the NHSPCA, but is in no way a complete list of possible risks. By checking the YES box when registering, I do hereby absolutely and unconditionally release and discharge the NHSPCA, including its employees, successors, assigns, directors, officers, and agents from and against any and all claims, obligations and liabilities of any nature relating to or arising out of my child’s participation with this NHSPCA program. I certify that I am the registered child’s legal parent or legal guardian.
Photo Release: I authorize the NHSPCA to use photos of my child engaging in program activities for media purposes.