More pets go missing around the 4th of July holiday than any other time of year. Please read and share these summer pet safety tips.
- Never ignite fireworks near your pets.
- Leave dogs at home when traveling to a fireworks display.
- During firework displays, keep pets indoors in a confined area. Close blinds and turn on a TV or radio to cover the noise of the fireworks.
- Make sure your dog has an opportunity to empty its bladder before the noise begins.
- Bring your cat(s) inside.
- If you must take your dog where there will be fireworks, keep them on a leash and stay as far back from the display as possible. Use treats to reinforce calm behavior.
- Keep identification on your dog and cat at all times but especially during storms and fireworks.
If your pet does run off be sure to notify your local police department, animal control and the New Hampshire SPCA right away at [email protected]
Due to ongoing construction on our campus, the Adoption Center and Learning Center is currently open by appointment only for adoptions, surrenders and other community programs. The Learning Center is closed for the holiday on Monday, July 5th.
As always, staff will be here to care for the animals, and those that will come in as strays over the holiday weekend.