Puppy mills are large dog breeding “factories” where the parent dogs often spend their whole lives in tiny cages just to produce puppies and make money for the owners. To make sure your puppy is NOT from a puppy mill, here’s what you can do:
Make adoption your first choice! By adopting a pet from a shelter, your family is doing two great things at the same time:
- Helping to stop puppy mills
- Giving a dog a second chance at a happy future
- Never BUY a puppy without first visiting the place where he/she was raised and meeting his/her mother.
- Never BUY a puppy online.
- Never get a puppy from a pet store unless he/she is from a reputable shelter or rescue.
Curious what a puppy mill looks like? Watch this video by the Humane Society of the United States.
Be a voice for the voiceless. Help strengthen laws that protect NH animals.